A great gluten and dairy free alternative to pesto pasta without missing any of the flavor. I came across this style of making “pasta” from tubular vegetables from the health book “Clean”. But after cooking it a few times, my own version appeared. I have made it several times in Italy in fact, and it always get four stars, which they don’t do to “butchered” italian recipes. I can promise its really delicious, and extremely quick to make.
Healthy/Vegan/Dairy free/Gluten free/Quick
- 2 large Courgettes “noodled” with a Vegetable “noodle” maker (try gefu)
- 2 cloves of garlic, slivered
- one red chilli finely chopped rounds
- one shallot finely chopped
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegan pesto (see recipe)
- four white button mushrooms, mandolin sliced
- 6 basil leaves, sliced
- handful pine nuts
First put noodles in a bowl and add one teaspoon salt. Coat thoroughly and let sit five to ten minutes. Squeeze lightly to take out water and set aside. Meanwhile, take a chef pan and heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil in it, then add the shallot. Fry for three minutes, and then add garlic and chilli. Fry a couple more minutes, then add the zucchini noodles and the vegan pesto. Toss about three minutes and add mushrooms. Finally, add the basil and pine Nuts.